The client wanted to replace 2 obsolete applications used to trace events occurring on their transportation network. A SharePoint based solution was proposed for document management together with a K2 BPM platform to handle all the processes of the application.
Transports Publics Genevois (TPG) operates trams, trolleybuses and buses for the Canton of Geneva, Switzerland. TPG vehicles carry about 200 millions of passengers per year.
TPG wanted to replace 2 obsolete applications used to trace events occurring on their transportation network and to follow the legal cases issued from these events. Every day about 200 events are logged: accidents, failures, delays, lost objects, etc. Every year the legal department manages about 1000 cases.
TPG was looking for a solution to build a single point of truth about these events and to facilitate collaboration between users from all the business lines of the company.
A SharePoint based solution where a site is created for each event to store documents, photos, discussions… All the event data are displayed in this space: location, driver, vehicle, tasks, consequences, history, etc.
The K2 BPM platform handles all the processes of the application: events and legal cases lifecycles, tasks management.
The application dashboard is customized for each department to give them the appropriate point of view they need. This dashboard allows users to search across all the events data and content.
- SharePoint 2013 to host the events data
- K2 to manage events process
- JQuery and Bootstrap for the front end (being replaced by AngularJS 4)
- 1 Scrum Master
- Up to 5 developers ( 3 SharePoint developers and 1 front end)
- 1 tester (QA)
- 1 UX designer
Other Key Elements
- Fixed price project
- Application maintenance support with 3 years maintenance contract (about 40 days per year)
- May 2013 to July 2014: about 600 days project for the 1st version of the application
- July 2015: first phase of evolution including several new features (project workload: 100 days)
- October 2017: 2nd phase of evolution to add a communication channel to inform vehicles drivers about planned events impacting the network (project workload: 110 days)
- Q4 2017: Improvement of the event creation process for the network regulators (project workload: 90 days)
- Perspective 2018: Addition of new features for the department in charge of the vehicle’s maintenance.