About the client
The client is a prominent player that is engaged in automobile distribution along with spare parts and accessories.
The Data Management department has initiated a project to create a Master data management system that regroups the client information and the information from the dealers. This enables to have a single quality reference system. This information is later on used by other satellite applications. Once the reference data will be fully available, it will be used further for data analytics projects together with a business glossary.
Another part of the project is related to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for which it is required that the client identifies and selects a solution for the critical data that is impacted. The GDPR is a regulation by which the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union and the European Commission intend to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the European Union. The goal of the project is to create a data cartography to identify personal data in all applications.
Multiple stakeholders are involved in this project, which requires a strong coordination:
- Project management, planning and risk management
- Business analysis
- Follow-up of the business teams like contractors, dealers, importers and marketing
- Organization of the POC development, necessary for the selection of the tools, including a coordination with the internal teams (legal, IT and business)
- Preparation and coordination of activities for GDPR project
This mission implies also the coordination of internal teams and external providers, preparation of planning, steering committee preparation, tests management and management status reporting.
- Informatica for the MDM project
- IBM Infosphere for GDPR