The client is intending to create an independent regional online ordering facility which resembles the existing online ordering facilities and allows the transfer of pseudonymised data to the existing server. Our team of 8+ people provided a DevOps solution including application and infrastructure maintenance.
About the client
The client is a global health company. It is committed to improving the quality of cancer treatment decisions through the research, development and commercialization of genomic-based clinical laboratory services.
The client is intending to create an independent regional online ordering facility which resembles the existing online ordering facilities and allows the transfer of pseudonymised data to the existing server. The client is intending to use a phased approach that allows first to address urgent requirements in one country and can then be extended to other countries.
The requirements include the development of an online order portal with report delivery function, compliant data storage, pseudonymization, full data access at the customer service facility, and the transfer of pseudonymized data into other countries’ systems.
Benchmarking of hosting providers authorized to store patient data in one country (RFP writing, analysis of the offers, support in choosing the right provider).
Setup on all the environments including the environment in the hosting provider infrastructure (devops approach with Ansible) with a segregated network architecture.
Development of the application (Agile method with scrum master, development team, QA, product owner and a customer IT manager).
3 years commitment for solution maintenance and infrastructure maintenance
- Front end Angular Js with HTML5 and CSS3
- Java Back end with JHipster framework
- Interface with Cloud Identity provider (OKTA)
- 1 Scrum Master
- Up to 5 developers (3 back-end and 2 front-end)
- 1 QA tester
- 1 UX designer for some days
Other Key Elements
- Fixed price project
- Application and infrastructire maintenance support with a 3 years maintenance contract of 65 days per year
- First Portal : 485 days with Go-Live in September 2017
- June 2017 – Next Portal signed for 130 days effort
- Q4 2017 : Integration of the 2 portals with Salesforce: around 70 days.
- 2018 : other countries portal